When it comes to replacing or having a new driveway in Essex with Allison Paving, you will instantly improve the whole look and value to your home. If you are thinking about getting your driveway block-paved, now is the time to have a look out our previous work in the Block Paving Gallery.
Additionally you can also take a look at a recent Block Paving Project we completed in Stanford-le-Hope, this shows you the various stages of a standard driveway block paving project.
Allison Paving are experts in designing and installing block paving and can help to transform even the most unused outdoor space you have. It will certainly change the appearance of your home and make it more desirable if you are thinking about selling your property in the future in Essex. It will add value to your home depending on what you have block paved. A driveway is going to offer you off street parking and this is something most potential buyers will be looking for when buying their dream home.
Before we start on your block paving project we will undertake a full survey of the area to be paved. This will enable us to find out where the drainage will need to go and how big you would like it to be.
We have listed below the technical specifications that we undertake when laying block paving:
- We will excavate to 200mm of soil and with then lay 100mm of lean mix concrete as a base to minimise any chance of the base sinking.
- Free edges are then set on a concrete base to stop the blocks from coming loose.
- We add, pack down and level 40mm of sand, which helps lock the pavers together and acts as a shock absorber.
- We lay our blocks only once we are satisfied that the foundations are correctly installed.
- We then brush fine sand between the blocks for added stability, it is then compacted again to further ensure the block paving will not move.